Popular Posts

Friday, August 21, 2015

No-Poo Hair Diary #1

Hey y'all! I know I haven't posted in forever, I just kinda feel like nothing blogworthy has happened...have any of you felt like that? Well, with school starting, I'm sure gonna try to start posting more and more. Anyways, I'm sure(especially if you are on Pinterest, but then, who's not) some of you have seen the "no-poo" trend. In which, women and men alike, slowly transition from using shampoo and conditioner to diffrent DIY methods. I didn't have any idea how much chemicals are in mass produced shampoo and coditioner, it's slightly hard not to feel betrayed...  Most people are introduced to the no-poo method because their hair is either overly oily, dry, chemically damged, or broken. Me...not really any of those. I've had a pixie cut for about a year and a 1/2, and  I've realized that shorter hair=naturally healthier hair. I also don't use many products or heat on a daily basis, so my hair isn't very damged.

So...your probably thinking, "Why does she want to go on this crazy hair diet, so to speak, if her hair is fine?" Well, why subject my hair to a shampoo/conditioner addiction if I don't have too? Also, I suppose my hair has gotten a little bit more oily lately, but that's probably puberty... Anyways, what I've decided to do is to just jump right in! Today was my very first day. There are many different methods, other then regular shampoo and conditioner. I decided on the basic apple cider vinegar and baking soda method. Essentially, you make two different mixtures.  One' with BS and water mixture to act as shampoo, and a ACV and water mixture, to act as conditioner. When it's time to wash, you just clean your hair with the mixtures like you would with regular shampoo an conditioner. Easy peasy. You try to spread out your washings from every other day to 1-2 times a week, with a deep conditioner every time you need it.

The intimidating thing about this whole process is the fact that  nobody reacts the same way. There is no guidebook to this. So you just have to change your routine to how your hair reacts. Soooooo, im pretty nervous.

Yeah, well, heres how my hair looks after my first washing!




It definitely came out looking clean. My hair is softer the usual. So thats cool! Although, everyone says the first few days are awesome, and then you go through the "transition phase". Which I'm not looking forward too, but I dont think that will last long because of my low dameged and short hair. Plus, I'm going to the beach in a few weeks, so my (hopefully) transformed hair will be ready:)  I'll be updating you all soon on my hair, this should be fun................

Testinony/Guide to No-Poo

http://hhandtw.blogspot.com/2013/06/no-poo-method.html?m=1

Troubleshooting Guide

http://almostexactlyblog.com/2013/06/11/no-poo-troubleshooting-and-common-questions/

No-Poo Testimony

http://kaseyajohnson.blogspot.com/2014/01/i-dont-shampoo-my-hair-no-poo.html?m=1

No-Poo Guide

http://www.servingfromhome.com/home-and-fashion/guide-to-no-poo-for-newbies/

No comments:

Post a Comment